Every seasoned haunter knows Halloween decorating can get pretty messy. That’s why AtmosFX projection materials are designed to be washable and reusable, year after year. To keep your materials looking good, here are some cleaning tips.
Window Projection Material
- To clean, soak your Window Projection Material in hot water with three tablespoons of white vinegar for two hours, rinse, and then hang dry.
- To remove creases, use a clothes iron set on its lowest setting (usually labeled "silk"). High heat can damage or warp the material. Do not use steam.
- Don't wash Window Projection Material in your washing machine, as this may wear down the material.
Digital Decorating Kit Standard Window Projection Material
- The Digital Decorating Kits include a piece of plastic projection material. It’s great for digital decorating, but it is less re-usable than the other projection materials which are sold separately.
- To clean the standard window projection material, soak it in warm, soapy water then rinse. You may also use a sponge and gentle soap.
- Never use an iron or abrasive scrubber on the included material as these can cause it to melt or discolor.
Hollusion Projection Material
- Unlike Window Projection Material, you can use a washing machine to clean HPM. Set the washer to "gentle" with warm water followed by a cool rinse. Tumble dry on low heat.
- The mesh design of the Hollusion Projection Material probably won’t wrinkle but you may want to gently shake it out after the cycle ends.
- Don't use an iron on Hollusion Projection Material. Due to the fabric’s special design, this will probably damage it.
Premium Window Projection Material
- Keep the shipping container as you can use it to store your material, to keep it clean and uncreased when it is not being used.
- Before applying Premium Window Projection Material, use spray window cleaner to wipe dust and grime off of your windows. Leave the glass damp before applying the material as this helps the material adhere to the glass by reducing friction as you spread out the air bubbles.
- If the material does become dirty, use regular window cleaner and a cloth to wipe it off.
- When you’re ready to take down the material, roll it up with the smooth side facing the inside of the roll. The smooth side is the one that adheres to your window, and you’ll want to keep it clean for the best cling.
Cleaning the 3DFX Inflatable Form
- The 3DFX inflatable form is made of durable vinyl which can be easily cleaned.
- Do not use bleach or abrasive scrubbers, as these can break down and weaken the vinyl over time. Rough scrubbing may even puncture the material.
- Instead, spray the affected area with regular window or kitchen surface cleaner and use a soft rag or sponge to gently scrub.
Cleaning the Shroud
- The 3DFX shroud is made of nylon, which can be machine washed using a gentle setting on warm with a cool rinse. Tumble dry on low.
Keeping these tips handy might save your future displays, especially if you’re decorating outside. With just a few minutes of maintenance, your projection materials will last for years, meaning your digital decorating fun never has to end.